RemoteWare (XcelleNet) has been an effective operational data transfer solution for a wide variety of businesses and organizations since it was introduced in the late 1980s. Over 30 years later many companies in varying industries are still utilizing RemoteWare for their scheduled operational data file transfers and remote systems management tasks.
However, despite its long-term success and widespread adoption, RemoteWare is now an aged solution with legacy architecture. Since SAP took ownership, RemoteWare has lost its product roadmap, product engineering, license issues and renewal sales have also ceased.
In April 2017, SAP formalized their position by announcing the End of Life for both engineering and support for RemoteWare as of July 2018. RemoteRelief is here to help companies overcome the challenge of replacing RemoteWare running on Windows, Unix, Linux, and TCxSky (4690) endpoints with RemoteLink.
RemoteLink was created to provide RemoteWare customers a flexible transition path that delivers a solution built on modern, secure architecture while minimizing the risk of interrupting existing operational data and logic workflow and creating opportunity to embrace new features and functionality going forward. RemoteLink provides automated, scalable, intelligent file distribution and remote systems management tasks through advanced scripting, job control scheduling and robust logging capabilities.
In today's retail and restaurant environments, customers are perpetually concerned with protecting their data. They want to know that when they swipe their credit card in your store/restaurant or share their email address with your company, their information is safe. RemoteLink’s architecture helps ensure your company’s operational data transfer system meets security compliance requirements by supporting the latest versions of server operating systems, security protocols and application framework.
RemoteRelief’s Value Proposition
- 30+ years’ experience and expertise with operational data delivery and remote systems management solutions - including RemoteWare.
- Extensive experience with RemoteWare environments primarily in the chain store retail and restaurant industries.
- Our history and background give us a distinctive advantage in addressing the market and its need.
- We understand the past, having developed significant skill and knowledge of these operations and the enablement that products like RemoteWare provide.
- We are aware of the present the market, the product options and the continuing and expending needs of customers.
- We have a strong vision for the future, leveraging our expertise and providing new techniques and technology within RemoteLink that will confidently serve the market for years to come.
- RemoteRelief is also a certified partner, reseller, and managed service provider for RemoteLink, VMware & Zebra.
Our RemoteLink subject matter experts specialize in assisting clients in setup, deployment, and remote management of your enterprises' vital and important data. If you would like more information about RemoteRelief and our services, please subscribe to our tech blogs. If you are interested in a demonstration or learning more about RemoteLink features, benefits, and complete operational data movement and automated remote systems management capabilities click here to speak with a subject matter specialist.
RemoteRelief’s managed endpoint services are also beneficial in cases where company IT resources and experience are limited or overwhelmed. We can create and maintain deployments, integrations, and management of fixed and mobile devices for companies of varying sizes and industries, click here to speak with a managed mobility expert.