Keeping a successful work environment requires businesses and companies to embrace progressive methods of streamlining work activities in order to increase work efficiency. Forward thinking CEO's and CIO's are fully leveraging a wide variety of digital collaboration to radically improve the performance of their businesses. Audio, video, web conferencing; messaging; and content sharing are all now converging into single-source solutions providing users ease of access in communication and collaboration with any device of their choosing.
Employee Expectations are Changing
It's now 2020, end users (both employees & consumers) are in the drivers seat now. Business leaders are taking cues from consumer applications to update how their own users communicate in more connected, digitized workplaces. The influx of mobile devices and apps in the workplace has led to an irreversible Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) trend, where users use their own device to access their choice of meeting/collaboration method anywhere, anytime.
With mobile technology on the rise and constantly advancing, It's reasonable to say that traditional work practices will never be the same as these advancements continue. Fortunately, many businesses are adopting new methods and strategies allowing their staff the ability to become more efficient, as well as flexibility to conduct meetings and collaborate remotely/offsite whenever need be.
This shift drives the need for a system that provides businesses the ability to remotely manage employee work devices (ie laptops, desktops, mobile devices, rugged IOT devices, wearable etc.) as well as provide a secure platform for employees to use in order to access company exclusive data and applications regardless if it is a company provided device or BYOD (employee owned.)
This is what's referred to as a UEM system, or User Endpoint Management system. Remote Relief provides and deploys this very system through a platform called WorkSpace One by VMware. Allowing businesses the ability to manage all, or a portion of company owned devices, or even employee own devices that will be used to access company specific data.
Benefits of a properly deployed UEM system are:
- Device management across all major mobile operating systems (iOS, Android, Win 10, etc.)
- Security policy management and compliance
- Application and content management
- Browser management (kiosk-mode and single application mode)
- Apple Business Manager (DEP and VPP) portal management
- Android Enterprise integration
- Device enrollment process
- Front-line store device support (Workspace ONE Assist* remote control/view)
- Automation and reporting
- Employee devices can be flexibly supported with a secure workspace experience by providing just Intelligent Hub and application catalog with or without device management.
- To meet compliance requirements, the BYO device on-boarding process can be customized so users have complete visibility into the privacy details of what data is being collected and/or visible to their parent company's IT dept, and what device permissions are being requested.
RemoteRelief has UEM subject matter experts (SME), who aid clients in setup, deployment, and remote management of companies mobile and fixed devices. If you would like more information about our Managed Mobility services, subscribe to our tech blogs. If you are interested in a demonstration or learning more about Remote Device Management, UEM features, benefits, and complete device management capabilities click here to speak with an MMS Specialist.