As your retail business starts to scale and grow, both data monitoring and data automation become essential tools that facilitate a unified growth process. Before the emergence of the RemoteLink, RemoteWare was the solution required to manage an organization with various locations and a growing client base.
However, this year SAP announced that it would be ending the support and maintenance of RemoteWare. This means that RemoteWare will no longer expand, grow, improve or evolve to fit the needs and requirements of the growing businesses which had been relying on the RemoteWare on a daily basis. It it now paramount to find a replacement solution.
It is essential to look at the foundations that RemoteWare laid for the future data monitoring and automation which should fuel your migration from RemoteWare to RemoteLink. Here are some of the unique benefits of RemoteLink and how it differs from RemoteWare.
- RemoteLink was developed to act as the direct replacement of RemoteWare product for remote systems management and operational data delivery. The remains and scripts of RemoteWare can be easily imported and exported into RemoteLink with less or no modifications at all. It can also be run along with RemoteWare to provide ease of transition.
Web-Based Login Console
- Using a web-based console gives you the ability to log in and access your information from any connected device. Since RemoteLink stores everything in a database, you have the opportunity to integrate other business software and use your data to create real, useful information.
- With job and task functions automated, the job history view allows your IT personnel to see how well the system ran and will flag any problems that require attention. RemoteLink automatically identifies problem points, flags any repeat attempts for completion, and groups clients based on jobs for the most efficient troubleshooting and correction.
- When you setup your system, you'll be able to give each client a unique identifier as well as specified attributes (including jobs and tasks). RemoteLink will automatically assign the corresponding store value as part of the client attribute, making it easier to view client systems by store.
- Depending on what jobs and tasks are assigned to each client, RemoteLink provides the capability to group clients based on common attributes. Again, this grouping function simplifies the process of system audits and creates a clear view of how well your company is operating day-to-day.
- Staging devices are a new feature that RemoteLink released allowing you to send files to a single staging device at a store. Operating this way gives you increased alerting capabilities because the information is traveling from the server, to an in-store staging device, and then being distributed to the appropriate store devices.
Are still using RemoteWare in your company? Contact RemoteRelief today and let us help you migrate from RemoteWare to RemoteLink.
Interesting in reading more about RemoteLink?